Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Dog Study


Her name is Riley and she is about eight years old. She has survived two bouts of cancer, but has been cancer-free for three years now. She's a friendly dog, but very protective of her yard and her people. She likes to chase squirrels and will only walk or run along certain paths she's created in the yard. Riley is sensitive. She knows when she's been bad and she carries a wide range of emotions on her face. Most of all, Riley adores me. I am her reason for being.

As we sat on the deck this evening contemplating the shattered patio table, she would not let me take a close-up picture of the front of her face. The last picture I've placed here is the best I could do. I had to trick her into that picture. Riley is very suspicious of electronic equipment.

My dog, Riley. (Technically, she's my daughter's dog. Riley loves her, too...along with the rest of the family.)






Posted by Picasa

No comments: