Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Buried Treasure

This really happened yesterday. I pulled up to the recycling center by the Salem trash transfer station and began off-loading my stuff, all alone in generous parking area. Suddenly, a large SUV pulled in and backed up, nearly hitting my truck's tailgate. A lady dressed in a baggy, old sweatsuit popped her hatch and began off-loading small box after box to the mixed paper bin. 

Curious, I peaked into the trunk area when she was at the bins and saw that each box was labeled like this:"Playboy 1975-1980". All boxes, All Playboy. There must have been twenty to thirty boxes.

I must say, that I was tempted to hang around until she left so I could do a little dumpster diving, but my moral code kicked in, and I resisted the urge. I'm guessing that those magazines, if in excellent condition, could have fetched a tidy sum on the market.

No comments: