Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reader's Choice


It's time for a round of "Reader's Choice." With the popularity of this blog sky-rocketing (LOL) of late, I thought I would offer the few faithful readers an opportunity to choose the next piece that I write. Before I present the choices, however, I must share a confession: I am so completely swamped with writing ideas at the moment that I can't seem to focus on one topic long enough to write anything coherent. So I'm really initiating this opportunity from the reader to help restore some discipline into my writing life. Some of these ideas are serious and informational while others are completely silly and stupid. I don't know. I'm so confused about them. You decide and please leave a comment below. I'll try to give a teaser for each to peak your interest.

1. With the most important Election Day since last year just around the weekend corner, most Virginians might be surprised to know that "Family Man" George Felix Allen, Jr. is operating on his second family. Although it's rarely mentioned, Georgie was previously married, and there is some mystery associated with his divorce, even allegations of dark behavior behind sealed court records.

2. I know this lady with ten George Foreman grills. Rick, the sexy QVC night time host, keeps asking her to buy, and she just keeps buying George's grill as well as Vidalia Chop Wizards, Krup Stainless Flip Waffle Makers, sparkling multi-poly synthetic monster gemstone rings, and amazing home hydroponic garden kits (only $155.95 for 4 months worth of herbs or lettuce!).

3. Seventh grade was a difficult time for me. A feeling of inferiority and a need to be accepted led me to do the most inexplicable and embarrassing thing of my life.

4. Watching Richard Thompson live in concert is a rare treat, like sitting around a campfire with friends listening intimate guitar ballads. I saw Richard live at the Jefferson Center in Roanoke last Sunday then went home and got sick.

5. Fireworks at Lane, revisiting the Klempson vs VT football game from last week. This segment will offer lotsa pretty pictures like the one at the top of this piece.

6. Let's have a a poetry challenge. Challenge me to write poetry. I really stink at writing poetry. See how bad I am.

7. Lost: Is Mr. Echo really dead? My theories about that and other LOST plot lines.

8. The Breeder's Cup Championship Saturday is coming up this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be at Churchill Downs in person (see next choice for more info about that). The best and greatest horses in the world will all be running. I can give you an uneducated preview to this most exciting sporting event.

9. Learn the ins and outs of dealing with an intestinal virus. I share first-hand and recent experiences to help YOU overcome the sour effects of such an attack.

10. My dog does not understand the change from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. She seems to believe that the change means she needs to get fed more, more often.

11. The National Weather Service has released its long-term winter weather forecast for the United States. I am prepared to release my long-term winter emotional weather report (a tip of the hat to Tom Waits).

I'm sure I could go on. My mind is so cluttered with silly ideas right now. Please, please hep me sort them out and vote today! Whichever topic receives the most votes by 7pm Thursday is what I will use for my next blog entry. Choose wisely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't want to hear about the stomach sickness. Anything but that!

Anonymous said...

I want to hear the juicy details of your embarrassment!