Monday, October 15, 2007

On The Edge

Yes, I am living life on the edge right now. That's why I haven't been creating earth-shattering blog entries lately.

My father in law recently went into the hospital for a triple bypass with two valves replaced. The surgery went well, but the vein taken from the sternum area left the sternum starved for blood, and it died. So he needed a second more painful surgery to remove his surgery then a third even yet more painful surgery to rebuild his sternum area with stomach tissue and his pectoral muscles. Needless to say this 78 year old man has gone through the ringer. He's still being kept mostly sedated until his body can get a grip on the healing.

On top of that, I have regular stuff like running my local education association and being a father and husband. Plus, I have this regular job where people don’t really understand my job description and responsibilities after 2.5 years.

It’s a complicated time. I long for a time where I can just sit beside the computer and write.

No comments: