Thursday, November 08, 2007

From the Wide World of Wackiness

I accept it as my solemn duty as keeper of this blog to bring you those things which inspire and complete me. Because after all, this is all about me.

I returned home from a long day of school and meetings this evening, a day that included regular school stuff, a missed meeting, a dinner meeting, and a politically charged school board meeting. I was plumb wiped out. That's when my daughter came to my rescue.

Here is what she shared with me first...




Needless to say, Daft Hands demonstrates some amazing digital dexterity and a unique sense of timing.

The second video she shared with me struck me as being one of the most absurd pieces I've ever seen.

Young Jonathan from somewhere in the USA is interviewed by a local reporter. What he has to say that day has cut through the infernal murmur of world chatter and emerged as the most definitive statement of the year.




Jonathan's admonition has made him a You Tube star like Jake Shimabukuro the Ukulele player,the toilet flushing cat, and George Allen.

This follow-up video is a real report from the same news reporter. She tracks young Jonathan and finds out what he's really like.



Harder and faster makes better turtles, Macacas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright, I get to take credit for the little zombie kid. I showed Callan that last night. Pretty outstanding right?

Newt said...

Pretty outstanding, cadet. I was aware of your part in this little drama, and I did not credit you in the official article, so I hereby announce to the two people who read this that, indeed, you mined this gem for my daughter.

This brings up other questions in my mind, however. If you are to get credit for sharing the video with us, then perhaps you should be giving credit to the person who shared it with you. That, of course, would lead us to wonder who shared the video with them.