Monday, September 22, 2008

Garden Times

As the autumn sun hangs lower in the sky as if predicting winter, my garden seems to glow with a last burst of energy before it packs it all up for the season. My ornamental hot peppers are especially beautiful this year. While I don't eat them, I get endless joy out of raising them from pups and setting them out in the world. What follows is a photo essay from my pepper gardens.





Trifetti Ornamental Hot Pepper


Sweet Banana


White Fence Garden w Brussels Sprouts and Spider Plant



Senorita Hot Pepper





Poinsettia Ornamental Hot Pepper: Voted "Best Pepper for 2008 in my garden"


Wild Morning Glory on White Fence





Largo Purple ornamental Hot Pepper: "Voted Coolest Hot Pepper in My Garden in 2008."


Lamppost Garden


Islander Sweet Bell-type Pepper: "Voted Best Sweet Pepper in My Garden 2008."


Habanero Hot Pepper: These are just now ripening to a deep golden yellow.


Fall Beans Protected from Deer and Groundrats(hogs). [They already hit this batch once and they erased my fall peas.]


Fall Lettuce, Mustard Greens, and Kale.






Explosive Ember Ornamental Hot Pepper: (Peaked a month ago)


Dusky Eggplant



Driveway Pepper Garden




Cubanelle Sweet Roasting Pepper




Candlelight Ornamental Hot Pepper


Butterfly Bush

No comments: