Saturday, May 20, 2006

Thus Says the See-erator


Thus Says the See-erator

It’s a game of dreams, and I really believe he could take it. ~Joe Lostrillo, Platinum Couple

Our country, indivisible and united behind our glorious Deciderator under god, is allowed the freedom to dream visions.

Seizing my fully cherished rights by the horse collar, The See-erator, me, shares his most untappable visions.

So sayeth me:

I’m haunted by visions, night and day. They seep into me through the dark spaces surrounding my soul and prod my consciousness. They’re always present. They’re always speaking to me. Voices. Images. A second grade chorus singing an old Baptist hymn with today’s pop diversity culture words attached:

“We’re all here together

in this beautiful world.

All here together to live

our lives free.

We’re all here together

to share our lives.

We’re one world living together.

We’re one world living together.”

Horses. Visions. Preakness. The cards do not lie.

I’m no Decider, just a See-er, and what has been revealed to me is true. I’ve seen it all, the many possibilities; alternate realities, alternate races. But one stands bold in my soul. Here, for you, is one of my visions-a possibility; my reality.

They break from the gate, nine horses pulling hard on the reigns with gloves riding their backs. They push and strain, quickly going full tilt, heading for calamity on the first turn. Somehow, they begin to merge together, one yielding to another, and they make the turn with Like Now sitting pretty on the rail. Like Now pushes the pace, and the others fall in line to keep up. Hemmingway’s Key fails to recognize his owner George Steinbrenner's dream and now trails the field suffering terrible visions of his limited future. He will meet the sky. You can’t lose if you don’t enter. Brother Derek leads the second pack with Sweetnorthernsaint on his chin. Barbaro tucks in with Bernardini just behind. Diabolical fades through the pack on the back stretch and joins Platinum Couple in Hemmingway’s Key repulsive vision. Greeley’s Legacy watches it all mentally detached from the back of the main pack.

Midway through the back stretch, Brother Derek bridges Like Now and swallows him. Like Now is not seen again until the end in my vision. The thundering herd tramples onward into the far turn. Then mid turn, Barbaro suddenly accelerates towing Bernardini. Sweetnorthernsaint has nothing; his effort was left on the track in April. Brother Derek is expecting the move, but can’t respond in time to repel destiny. Gamely, he grinds, but he’s surpassed by the streaking Barbaro. Bernardini slips past, too. Down the stretch they come. Bernardini keeps the flank of Barbaro, but Barbaro begins to extend his stride and even the game Bernardini slips away. Brother Derek recovers his wits and makes his secondary push, succeeding in supplanting Bernardini at the line.

Meanwhile, Greeley’s "Galaxy" Legacy, in a world of his own, begins picking horses off as they fall away.

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver space ships flying in the yellow haze of the sun.
There were children crying and colors flying all around the chosen ones.
All in a dream, all in a dream, the loading had begun.
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home.

~CSNY “After the Gold Rush”

In the end he finishes just where he’s destined to finish and heads to where he’s destined to head.

My camera rolls as each horse crosses the line.

1. Barbaro

2. Brother Derek 3.5

3. Bernardini 4

4. Greeley’s "Galaxy" Legacy 6

5. Sweetnorthernsaint 10

6. Like Now 12

7. Diabolical 35

8. Hemmingway’s Key 35

9. Platinum Couple 35

10. Doom 35

So says the See-erator’s vision. Only The Decider knows for sure.

No comments: