Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Captured


It just goes to show what perseverance and attention to detail can do for you. The other day, my neighbor was completely frustrated that she couldn't catch the groundhog that was attacking our gardens. However, when we were chatting about it on Monday evening, I took her over to my garden to show her what the groundhog was eating. It turns out that she was eating all of my beans and peas. That fact prompted my neighbor to visit her freezer for a bag of frozen peas Tuesday morning. She laid a trail of peas to the trap with a juicy road-runner pile of Acme peas inside. Sure enough, within an hour, she had trapped a big ol' groundhog. So she set the trap again and early this morning, she had her second groundhog (pictured here). Two in 24 hours! My beans may yet live to be picked one day.

No comments: