Thursday, June 14, 2007

Taking Care of Moses


Moses is a Patriot


My brother and his family are out of country for another ten days or so. While they are gone, I am spending my days and nights taking care of their house, garden, dogs, cat, and chickens.

Moses is the big baby of the family. He's a large Rottweiler (spell check wants to use the word 'Potboiler.' I have no idea why) word with lupus. Moses plods around looking for his routine to be matched. He gets his medicine in peanut butter globs. He gets three dog biscuits when he goes out on the line. He likes to go out to go to the bathroom and stay in the house to snooze, although he will snooze about anywhere. If you leave the bathroom door open when you are sitting in the facility, he will come right up to you, tower over your head, and stare at you. With his big rott face inches from yours, it's easy to get repeated doses of his wonderfully doggie breath as you sit in captive fashion.

Moah is Moses' MinnieMe. He's a black dog that looks a little like a bottle-nosed porpoise. He's always smiling as if he's going to turn on you as soon as you turn your back. Whenever I turn around, Moah is staring at me. Sometimes Moah will get excited when I put the red leash on him. Apparently in his world, that means something good, but I'm not sure exactly what that is.

Rosie is a high strung scared German Shepherd mix. Whenever a person approaches, her tan body slinks away in cold fear. I learned though that when things are very quiet, she will put on a loving face and that worried face will disappear. In those times, she will come up to me and lick my hand in return for petting.

The jet black cat, Cocoa, makes her prescience known from time to time. She seems quite lovable and doesn't seem to have any displeasing cat habits. She eats in a sheltered contraption in the kitchen. It kind is like a squirrel-proof feeder home-designed to ward away dogs.

The chickens are quite interactive. The three of them range around the yard during the day and I shut them in their coop at night. So far, they've given me five eggs in three days. Sometimes it seems like they are talking to me.

While my brother does have DirectTV, I can't for the life of me figure out their Juno password, so I can't even dial-up from their house. Effectively, I'm in the cyber-dark. With my main diversion taken from me, you'd think that I'd now have time to write. Sadly, however, there always seems to be something to do with the boys. Perhaps once I settle in to their routine a bit more, I can settle down to write some really profound words.

Until then...this is what you get.

Moah Waits on Me


Rosie Just a Little Worried


Cocoa, My 5:45 am Alarm Clock



Moses Relaxes on a Couch

PS I'm not really sure of the sex of Moah (SHE) and Cocoa (???). So they may be She's or He's. I'll find out today and post that tantalizing bit of trivia.

No comments: