Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

What follows is a collection of pictures from the family Easter gathering in Roanoke. The flowers are from my home and the rest were taken at my parents' and sister's house. My parents are featured prominently, especially holding their first great grandchild, Makaya. A grand time was had by all. Food was incredible. The hunt was tamer than usual except for the usual shenanigans from one of the participants. A video will be up in a day or so via YouTube.



The tulips are growing near where the old maple used to stand.


A redbud finishes its bloom cycle in my front yard.


Libby counts the eggs before the hunt...122 eggs.


Joey sleeps.


Experimental Joey shot.


Jody (Joe) and Brenda


Libby hunts.

Andrew observes hunters.

Jeane-Marie searches for baskets to rob.

Jackie lurks.

Greg and my father hunt and hide simultaneously.

Joe hunts while Callan observes.


Adrienne and Greg

The Adrienne and Greg Ryder family.

Grape Hyacinths


Great-Grandmother with Makaya

That's one cute baby. She can walk and eat cheesy potatoes as well.


Someone stole the show.

Seats of honor

Not my father's most flattering picture, but interesting nonetheless.


There was plenty of food. I especially enjoyed the asparagus.


Creeping phlox


Jackie and Callan

No comments: