Saturday, April 18, 2009

Seedling Count 2009



Here my initial count of seedlings for this season. Some of these are a bit shaky and may not make it, but by and large the crop looks healthy enough. All seedlings have been transplanted from their initial seed bed into individual pots. They've been labeled and given their own identifying craft stick. I've moved them all out of my son's north facing bedroom and into my sheltered south facing garage. From there, I'll let them outside a little bit at a time, gradually increasing the time in the blasting full sun. The challenge for me now is to get them enough sunlight without allowing them to get wind-whipped or overcooked in the scalding sun.

In addition to these, I have one more flat (72 cells with several seeds per cell) that I started late. I've included older seed to see if they will germinate, and I've also included some varieties that I either forgot or didn't feel I had enough of. Here are the varieties that I'm hoping will germinate: Red Beauty pepper, Purple Beauty, Candlelight pepper, Persimmon tomato, Jersey Devil tomato, Roma tomato, Pruden's Purple tomato (very old seed-1991), Early Dawn cauliflower, Early Dividend broccoli, Calabrese Green Sprouting broccoli, Islander pepper (home seed), Anaheim Chile pepper(Home seed), and Habanero pepper (Home seed).

I'll have my annual entertaining catalog up on this blog soon. I have a few varieties to add. I do plan to sell plants this year for $1.50 each or 3/$4.00. If you want some, just drop me an email at Newt999@gmail.com. I usually try disperse plants sometime between May 5 and May 15.


Seedlings 2009
Tomatoes Type Quantity
Big Boy Slice 21
Brandywine Suddith Slice 9
Cherokee Purple Slice 15
Early Girl Slice 2
Giant Belgium Slice 15
Goliath Slice 8
Jet Star Slice 15
Juliet Salad
15
Large Red Cherry Cherry 9
Momotaro Slice
9
Sun Gold Cherry 15
Park's Whopper Slice 18
Peron Slice
10
Pink Ping Pong Salad
12
Polish Slice
16
Raad Red Slice
13
Sprite Grape
14
Stupice Salad
14
Sugary Cherry 7
Sun Sugar Cherry 12
Super Beefsteak Slice 16
Super Marzano Paste
12
Sweet Million Cherry 12
Tigrella Salad
12
Tumbling Tom Patio
13

Total
314






Peppers Type Quantity
Sweet Pickle Sweet 10
California Wonder Sweet 9
Chocolate Beauty Sweet 8
Explosive Ember Ornamental Hot 13
Riot Ornamental Hot 9
Marconi Golden Sweet 11
Black Hungarian Ornamental Hot 3
Senorita Hot 5
Sweet Banana Sweet 17
Bell Boy Sweet 11
Filus Blue Ornamental Hot 8
Chilly Chili Ornamental Hot 12
Cubanelle Sweet 7
Largo Purple Ornamental Hot 7
Sweet Cayenne Sweet 4
Habanero Hot 2
Anaheim Chile Hot 7
Poinsetta Ornamental Hot 3
Cayenne Hot 5

Total
151






Miscellaneous Type Quantity
Emerald Artichoke 9
Nadia Hybrid Eggplant 7

Total
16







Grand Total
481

No comments: