Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gardens Alive

We've had a soggy month. It's been cloudy since Sunday. Drenching tropical rains come in waves. While, overall, we have floated away, we haven't been able to get out and tend the yards either. My grass has leaped up and will soon grow over top my house.



The Catawba Gardener's annoyiing self-propagating onion.


Here's a look at my tomato plant left-overs.


A row of tomato plants hidden in between some peas and flowers.



A typical tomato caging.


Young squash/zuchinni



Young squash/zuchinni again


A experimental planter. Kids can watch the roots grow. Unfortunately, the box has rotted out.



Finches love these red hot pokers.


Bush beans and pole beans. I accidentally mixed the pole beans in with the bush beans. That makes for more work.


My neighbor gave me this tower years ago. I reconditioned it this year.


Peas gone wild.


The groundhog allowed these pea plants to live. They responded by putting out the first pods.


A Nadia eggplant.


By fall this small bed will be fill with brilliant hot peppers. I put the plants in this past weekend.


My Eastern Garter Snake lives on the black leaf bags behind my garbage cans. He enjoys spiders and worms.


The cucumbers are ready to grow up my cages.


This cabbage is rapidly becoming massive.


Becky's yellow Flower began blooming yesterday. Hopefully the sun will come out long enough for us to enjoy it.


Beans beans and more beans.

The asparagus is beginning to slow down. I'll let it go to seed soon. I like how the stalks are pointed toward the sun.


I hear artichokes can grow as high as one story. This one is beside my house. The other is in my front yard.

No comments: