Friday, July 21, 2006

More Haunting


More Haunting

Ever since I can remember, I’ve been followed. Back when I was a teen, I dreamed I was followed by a black sedan with a bulky cigar smoking man in a dark trench coat sitting patiently inside watching my every move. He was always there, parked in front of my house. Over time I learned to block him out and eventually he disappeared.

A few years ago, just when I thought I was safe, I began to notice signs that I wasn’t living my life unobserved. Seemingly innocently, white vans began following me whenever I went out in my car. Plain white vans. These vans then began to multiply. Soon, I literally couldn’t drive the street without my scent being passed from one unmarked white van t another. Sometimes the white vans would have the name of some bogus company written on their side. Some vans were new and some were beaten. All were and are driven by men wearing dark sunglasses. These guys never look directly at me, and if they sense that I’m on to them, they suddenly turn their vehicles away. Then within a few seconds different white vans take up my trail.

At first my family thought I was crazy for feeling threatened by the white vans. They thought that they were just white vans, but I think they are beginning to understand that there is something more sinister going on here now. My family doesn’t joke about my feelings of the vans anymore.

Those watchers think they are so clever. They sometimes ride in my rear view mirror. Other times they drive beside me and slowly pass by. Still other times, they ride carefully in front of me. I’ve never spoken to them, and they’ve never attempted to make direct contact with me. It seems obvious that their purpose is just to keep me under observation. Most of the vans have no other windows than the front, immediate driver and passenger sides, and rear windows; so, it’s impossible to see the rows of surveillance equipment. Most likely they have a radio guy working a sensitive sound device and another guy working the video. Probably there’s one more guy working on the tracking software.

I don’t know what the watchers have in store for me in the future, but I’m as ready as I can be. I don’t carry guns, but I have evasive plans all figured out in my head. I don’t plan to give away exactly what I’ll do if they ever make an aggressive move against me or my family. Rest assured, however, that my counter move will be effective and daring.

I’m haunted by white vans. They’re following me, but I’m prepared.

No comments: