Sunday, July 30, 2006

Off to Floyd Fest


David Bromberg headlines today. Bromberg is one of my all time favorite musicians. Don't let the glasses fool you, he's a dangerous man.

Yesterday, I went to Floyd Fest with my two brothers and my sister-in-law. We were a part of a huge crowd of about 15,000. We made it in time to see most of the set by Donna the Buffalo on the main stage. Then we wandered over to the Garden stage and saw a marvelous young group called StillWillis. We nibbled on brats and very red hot dogs as we made our way back to the main stage in time to see some fire breathers, belly-dancers followed by headliner, Los Lobos. Frankly, we were a little disappointed by Los Lobos. They didn't seem to be passionate about playing for us. While very good musicians, they really did not give the audience a ride.

I plan to bring lots of water and sun block today. Off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

StillWillis is fantastic...and so is David Bromberg...in fact, one of the members of the latter is my drummer...check us out!
TC from Hunter's Cannon
myspace.com/hunterscannon

Newt said...

Your band looks like a lot of energy. I enjoyed the pieces of audio you loaded on there. Best of luck!