Thursday, December 07, 2006

Marching Band and the world

I have several odds and ends to share this evening with the people who check out this space.

First, I've spent considerable time over the last month sharpening my video production skills. No, wait. Let me state that a bit clearer. I've spent the better part of two months now trying to get a darned video transferred from a mini-DVD camera and into a computer file that can play. Anyway, thanks to a friend at my elementary school, I finally found a way to convert irksome files.
Back on October 28, I filmed the Northside marching band at a competition, and I've been using that video as my working subject. After I figured that process out, I began looking for ways to share. Normally, I'd just post the completed video file on YouTube, but I learned that YouTube has a maximum five minute video length. That's when I remembered a file saving service that one of my colleagues uses. It's called FileFront and basically it allows people to store their video and pictures in an unlimited sized storage space. Once stored, you can set the space up so that it's completely private or completely public. I've gone the public route.

So all you have to do to see the

Northside High School Marching Band

perform their 2006 show, Founding Fathers of Funk, all you have to do is click on the link and then download the file. Once downloaded, I suggest you play it on your computer using Windows Media Player.


http://hosted.filefront.com/Newt9/

*************************************************

On another note, my wife placed lights on our massive Christmas tree this evening. It took about 600 mini lights to cover the tree. There is no doubt that we've never had a bigger Christmas tree. The strange thing is that out in the field, it looked kind of small compared to the expanse of the surrounding mountains and sky.

No comments: