Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Marine

Some 19 years + ago, my son was born. It was not an immaculate birth, although it was planned. I'm not a conservative person. In fact, I'm rather liberal. However, I've always been devoted to my country.

When my son was born, there was not a gun to be found in my house. Yet within a couple of years, my wife and I discovered that our son had an affinity with drums and sticks. The drums remained drums, but the sticks became guns.

He grew responsibly and respectfully into a man who reasoned and thought for himself. For that, I'm extremely proud. I'm also proud that he has decided to launch himself on a track to become a Marine officer after his time at Virginia Tech.


Look here and see if you can pick out my son taking his Oath.

ut prosim

No comments: