Monday, December 28, 2009

Difficult Times

I haven't been posting much lately. As most know, I had hernia surgery back in early December. That seemed to go well. I'm still not back 100% from that yet, but I'm good enough to get back to work. I've developed another medical issue that I won't detail here, but it is something with which I'll have to deal. On top of all that, I've been battling a persistent cold for the last couple of weeks that is now threatening to go deeper into my chest.

More important than all that, we've been monitoring my father. He suffers from COPD (emphysema) which has become quite advanced. He had a breathing episode on the 26th that forced him into the hospital. It took quite a lot of powerful medicine before he could recover his breath. However, they stabilized him and he was set to come home today. When I went to pick him up this morning, someone else was in his room and I was told he'd had another respiratory distress and was sent to ICU.

Again, he received a lot of intervention, but he was again stabilized. So that's where we are right now. He's resting comfortably, but is living on the edge.

No comments: