Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Evening

My brothers and I made a side bet on the way to the beach Thursday. The brother who recorded the most species landings would win the pot of money($10 all in).

I had the early lead on Thursday and most of Friday with six species landed. Greg then made a comeback when we stopped to fish just south of Cape Hatteras point. He ended up with nine species. Jody was limited in his species to five, but he received a one point penalty for hooking a beautiful osprey right out of the air. Today, I made a run at Greg and scored one additional species, a flounder, and I presently sit one species behing Greg.

We are staying beside a canal leading to the sound, Pamlico Sound, and I have noticed that there are strange tiny fish species residing there. Perhaps in the morning, before we leave...I'll slip out there and snag the tying species.

Enjoy today's sunset.

No comments: