Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dedicated Countryside Blog Unveiled

After taking the better part of a week thinking about it, I've decided to carve out a dedicated space to discuss the attempt by the City of Roanoke to pave...I mean "develop" Countryside Golf Course.

On the new blog, I'll be writing and inviting others to share thoughts and ideas about the ongoing political process.

I especially would like to invite Valerie Garner and Lloyd Long of the Countryside Neighborhood Alliance to submit content. I can even make it so you can contribute to this blog without having to go through me. Just contact me at my gmail account: newt999atgmaildotcom

For the regular readers of this blog, I will now return to my regular content. For Countryside readers, all you have to do is set your bookmark to

http://savecountryside.blogspot.com/


Enjoy

2 comments:

Freedom Public Library said...

Great idea to create a separate blog for the Countryside issue. It's a great way to build a movement by providing a place to share information and strategy. I hope this will help to increase awareness and motivate enough outspoken citizens to persuade the city to change its plan. Good luck!

A technical blogging suggestion is that instead of just typing a URL into your blog, if you highlight some text like the words "click here" for instance, then click the Link icon (looks like two chain links joined together) you can type the URL in there. This will create a clickable link in your blog rather than an address people will have to copy and paste.

Keep on writing.
Liz

Newt said...

Liz,

Thank you for your notable comments and positive support. You're a brick.