Monday, August 25, 2008

Facebook Friends


An almost random skunk/possum picture


So...Saturday night, between heated arguments with the neo-con inflamatory republican flamers on UWS *, I decided to explore Facebook. I knew that I had gotten an account on MySpace a few years ago, but had never used it, and I thought I had a Facebook account as well. When I searched for it, I couldn't find it, so I applied for a new Facebook account.

Amazingly, they immediately authorized a new account for me! So I began to explore. I invited a couple of my closest Technology friends to become my "friends" and I thought I'd just leave it at that. As I explored further, looking at other tabs and choices, I clicked on another invitation tab by accident and accidentally clicked on "Invite everyone in the whole world to be your friend."

As soon as I clicked that "go" button, I knew I was in trouble.

Today, I've made over 20 friends. But I invited everyone in the world :( People invited included my bosses, my bosses' bosses, and my bosses' bosses' bosses. I invited my mother (she won't have a clue what this face thing is) and my son and 17 year old daughter (she'd rather shrivel up and become a boil on someone's bottom than be my Facebook friend).

So I've been searching Facebook for a button that erases friendship offers. A man CAN have too many friends.


*
(a message board very loosely associated with techsideline.com that was started as a unifying space in the afermath of the trade center attack in 2001 but has since been taken over by neo-con nuts)

2 comments:

Roanoke RnR said...

Ha, I'm one of those everyones. You can't take back your invite ;)

Newt said...

I am truly blessed and thankful to have so many electronic friends. :)