Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fast


I visited my mother-in-law today at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. The relatives from Bakersfield, California were also visiting, so it was an excellent time to hang out.

Later in the afternoon, I had to opportunity to take out my mother-in-law's brand new GTI SE 155 Sea-Doo. While there are more powerful models, this one is just perfect for the conditions at Smith Mountain Lake.

In the past, I've driven her older model Sea-Doo, and it would sometimes be able to push 40 mph. But this machine is much speedier. Today, heading into a stiff breeze from the west, I mashed the throttle and got the craft up to 60 mph over choppy main channel water. I couldn't believe it. My glasses sucked down onto my face. I found that my mouth was pried open by the onslaught of wind force and drool was seemingly siphoned out of my mouth and plastered around my face. I have never been that fast on the water before in my life, and it was thrilling and wet!

I recommend speed.

No comments: