Friday, August 08, 2008

Lefora Forum

I began goofing around with a free forum hosting service. I've been a long-time user of Internet message boards. Back in the 1991, I took part in a Listserv from Croatia. Every day, I'd receive the latest unfiltered first-hand news from that war-torn country. While receiving news from there was amazing, it was a passive service.

By 1995, I was frequenting an Internet instant chat board on Virginia Tech sports. Back in those days, Blacksburg, Virginia (Virginia Tech) was known to be the most wired community in the world. In 1996, I began associating with a new Internet message board called, Hokie Central. This site grew, changed its name to Techsideline, and morphed into an expansive community of users bound by a common interest. From that common link, other forums sprang up, and a thriving Internet community has prospered.

For the past three years, I've been blogging. I use my four blogs as an outlet, a way to get things off my chest and a place to exercise creativity.

So, it's not surprising that I'm interested in beginning my own forum. I've found this free forum hosting site, and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm hoping to become comfortable enough with it to utilize a similar forum in my third grade classroom. Please feel free to join the forum and add to the discussion. Start your own topics. Add photos, mp3's, or video...or words.



Click on this link to go to the main page
forum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Vincent from Lefora here, glad to see you giving Lefora a spin. We have a number of forums in the edu space, from college book clubs to middle school classes.

Let me know if you have any feedback or questions, 'vincent -at- lefora.com'